Wednesday 10 June 2009

1911 census now available

One of my interests is family history. I've developed a huge family tree over the last eight years, including one Baptist Minister, one Congregational one and two Calvinist Methodist ones! This week the 1911 census for Glamorgan was put on the web. There are so many people tracing their history nowadays that they didn't wait the normal 100 years for publication this time. The English counties have been online for a while, and now they've turned to Wales. You can see the 1911 census here, but beware - to see actual entries you have to buy credits. Then you can see a transcript for 10 credits or an image of the original for 30. While that's expensive, they are all saved for you automatically, and as the 1911 census was the first that involved the householder filling in a form, you can see your forebears' handwriting. I've got a lot of genealogy resources, so if you need any help, let me know! The pic shows the old church at Llangyndeyrn, Carmarthenshire, where my great-great-great grandparents in my direct Jones line, Daniel and Emiah Jones, were married in 1814.

No comments:

Post a Comment