Sunday 13 December 2020

Deacon and friend

Congratulations and blessings to Christian Mahoney of our parish, ordained deacon this afternoon by Archbishop George at the cathedral - excuse me, that should be Rev. Christian Mahoney!

Distancing meant a sparse cathedral and Advent meant a rather sparse sanctuary, but the liturgy was simple yet very moving. I always find the prostration during ordinations very inspiring, the candidate flat out before the Lord. I was very happy to share a pew with wife Esther and daughter Daniela. Daughter Alessia sang beautifully from the choir loft, Esther and Daniela read, and Esther helped vest Christian with his deacon robes, the stole and dalmatic.

Christian is the first deacon Archbishop Stack has ordained for a long time in Cardiff (ever?). Our parishes are very happy to have played a part in his journey and that of his family, and I personally count myself lucky to call myself their good friend.

1 comment:

  1. Deacon Mike Randall of St Peter's was the last deacon His Grace ordained I think

    ReplyDelete