Monday 5 July 2021

All kinds of angels

At this stage in the pandemic saga, some happy news...

Last Tuesday I enjoyed my first meal out for a long time, when I met with three old friends at the local Manor Parc hotel. It was wonderful to get together, and the service and presentation of the meal was first class. Looking forward to another meal out at another restaurant this Friday evening... 

On Wednesday I had a phone call from the Wound Clinic to check on how my legs are. Sinceone or two cellulitis attacks I usually get a check-up every six mionths, but they have been completely shut down during the pandemic.

Friday evening we celebrated Fr Andy's 40th annniversary of priest ordination. Up to 90 gathered for Mass and then for pizza and ice cream afterwards - all socially distanced of course. 

And Saturday evening we welcomed 30 something years old Lee into the Church through Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist at evening Mass at Christ the King.

All very different events, but all good signs of movement. And also reminders of how much I a) love my friends, b) appreciate the care I have received from medics and nurses, c) am grateful for the presence here of Fr Andy, and d) love parish life. 

Talking of Fr Andy... he was telling us about the Angel of Knives that he saw on the green outside Hereford Cathedral.  This is a statue made out of thousands of knives handed in across Britain. It is being shown at different places, but alas not in Cardiff. Here it is... 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment