Monday 3 September 2012

Bye Bruges - buon giorno Assisi

So that's enough of Bruges! After my six days there I spent some time with my family, including a day with my brother and sister and families down in Farnborough. It was one of the few lovely sunny days of this wretched summer, and we had a great day. After a barbecue lunch we just relaxed in the back garden and ended up everyone playing boules on the lawn. I even managed to win a round!
So then it was back to the ranch and into parish routine. Fr T is in India and we are blessed with the presence of Fr Frederick TOR from Bangla Desh. There is still much talk about the proposed change on Mass times across the city. Then Fr Tomy emailed to say his flight back was cancelled and he can't get back for another week - the week I am going on our annual September pilgrimage. So I've been chasing my tail to get priests to cover three Masses for this coming weekend.
We're off to Assisi and Tuscany for eight nights - four staying in Spoleto, near Assisi, and four in Montecatini Terme, between Florence and Pisa. Regulars will know that I've been involved in these pilgrimages since 1990, so it's obvious that I love them! Sometimes it's somewhere new to me - like Krakow and Provence the last two years (that's why we go there!). Other times, it's to places that I now know, like Rome or the Holy Land. This time it's a mixture as I know Assisi very well, and I have been to Florence twice. But Lucca, Viareggio and Pisa are new to me - well you've got to do the Leaning Tower, haven't you?
So there will be a week's gap, folks, and normal service wil be resumed soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment