Wednesday 17 March 2021

Noah's Ark and St Patrick

We had a lovely thankyou card from Noah's Ark, the children's hospital at UHW, for a fundraiser we had at St Brigid's some while ago. The original cheque got lost and cancelled, but eventually our donation got through. The card has been put together from work at the play therapy sessions there. It's a bright happy card that seems to point to the arrival (hopefully) of spring...

 


Meanwhile, for St Patrick's Day here is a modern interpretation of the famous St Patrick's Breastplate prayer. It's sung by Ronan Johnston and his group Emmaus. Ronan has led worship at our Cardiff Celebrate Conferences    (words below).

 

I arise today   With a mighty strength
In the power of the Trinity  three in one guiding me
With the speed of light And the depth of the sea
God’s strength this day come rescue me.
Be beside me Lord Be with me Lord
Be in me Lord  be around me Lord
Be below me Lord Be above me Lord
Be on my left and be on my right

I arise today with a mighty strength,
I’m free of the fear of the world,
By the power of your resurrection,
With a holy host,And a tongue of flame,
Protect my life so I can praise your name

No comments:

Post a Comment