Tuesday 24 August 2021

Six hours

Back after a three week break from posting.  I spent the first week away, out, gone. I went to stay with family for seven nights, the first seven that I had spent out of the house for almost two years... For me the arthritis-related problems really got going in September 2019 and soon the pandemic was added to the mix.  It was reasuring for me in those months to have the same house to find my way around, especially in the morning when the mobility is most difficult.

My wonderful sister and brother-in-law came to pick me up to whip me off to their place, a house which they had moved into since I last visited. I soon found my way around, and all in all I had a great time there. A big part of that was to meet two out of my three nephews and their children, who I also had not seen for two years. How they had grown in every sense!

We did all sorts of lovely family stuff like children's Monopoly, a pub lunch, and a drive-though coffee. However, I think the highlight for me was the barbecue. Nine of us gathered in the garden on what was the only really sunny and warm day of the week. I realised when the last nephew left with his family that I had been sitting in my garden chair for six hours. Anyone who has known me during the past two years will know how amazing that is. Six hours of sun, sausage and burger. But, far more important, six hours of family and fellowship, laughter - and love. Can't put a price on that.

Here is the little message Eva aged 6 gave me. It reads "Dear Unckle Math   I am feeling relly happy and joyful to see you XOXO  with all my love  To unckle Math  from Eva" and on the back it said over a rainbow "Friendship for everyone" with Eva and me under it. 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment