Tuesday 3 August 2021

Time for a break and some Roberta Flack

Along with many other people, I haven't ventured overnight from my home during the pandemic. In addition, as I have been acclimatising to my arthritis-related difficulties, it's been good to be able to stick to one familiar house layout to get around. However, it's now time to break out! So this Friday I'm heading off to stay with family for a while.  It will be strange to be somewhere else, but it will also be fantastic to have a change.

This gives me the opportunity to thank all those who take the trouble to read these ramblings on my blog. I've discovered followers in all sorts of places. Earlier this year there was a rush in Romania, and more recently there has been a large number of viewings from Sweden! If my friend or friends there would like to share who they are in the comments, which I don't have to publish, that would be interesting.

Quite a few people have appreciated my music postings, especially those from my "early days".So here is a classic from university days: Roberta Flack singing "The First TIme Ever I Saw Your Face". This was written back in the 50s by Ewan McColl and recorded by various people in following years. But it was Roberta Flack's version that really took off, especially after it was played in Clint Eastwood's film "Play Misty For Me" in about 1972. The song was shortened a little for that, but this is the original version from 1969
 
See you in a while...
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for this song.

    Praying for you, Father.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete