Tuesday 21 May 2013

10,000 Reasons

My secular musical tastes are, well, catholic. In religious music, too, I go from medieval Masses to contemporary choruses. These usually come from a background that's not Catholic, and usually pentecostal, evangelical or whatever. Having had involvement in Catholic Charismatic Renewal since 1974, this music is not alien to me at all. There is nothing like a rousing chorus to get a congregation going. So I thought I'd share some from time to time here. 
One of my current favourites is Matt Redman's "10,000 Reasons"  also known as "Bless the Lord My Soul". A UK writer and singer born in 1974 and based in Brighton, catch him singing it here in a video filmed for some reason in an empty church. This song was only written a year or two ago, and won a Grammy recently for worship songs. It helps if you crank up the volume a little too!

No comments:

Post a Comment