Friday 9 October 2020

Lockdown Cardiff

The reality of local lockdowns such as the one affecting Cardiff and much of South Wales gets suddenly highlighted when it bears down on something affecting ourselves. 

During the week I had to say no to a visit from my sister who lives in Hampshire, with her husband and one of my nephews. An improvised Zoom this evening was lovely - but it's not the same, is it? 

Then, I have been coordinating plans from now until Christmas to celebrate First Confessions postponed from March, our annual November Mass of Memories for the deceased, and about 12 baptisms, that have also built up since March. One of the Baptism families told me that they had been looking forward to one of the godparents coming from Ireland... but now it isn't possible.  Or is it?  We don't know...

 



No comments:

Post a Comment