Monday 25 May 2009

Michael W Smith

A year or two ago I came across a religious song entitled "Breathe" as sung by an American called Michael W Smith. The picture shows him recording his latest CD at a "little" gathering in Houston, Texas. On a smaller scale, at REFRESH we sang one of his own songs called "Step by Step". So I've been looking him up on YouTube etc and I like a lot of what I've heard. You may not be into "happy clappy" stuff, but stick with it. You can catch him doing the lively "Step by Step" also known as "God you are my God" live here. "Breathe" is more reflective, and can be found here. Lastly, a song called "Agnus Dei" from the same live performance I think. It lasts around ten minutes and shows how a good worship leader can bring a crowd of many thousands to a time of profound - and unaccompanied - worship. Enjoy it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment