Saturday 31 July 2010

Back home

So, I came back from my break yesterday, and am already into the swing of parish life and issues.
I had some lovely time with my brother and sister-in-law in Leamington, and the three of us managed to link up with my sister and brother-in-law for a meal in Oxford - roughly midway. The five of us had a very nice family lunch in the restaurant on top of the new part of the Ashmolean Museum. The museum had a big renovation and extension a few years back and the eatery is right on the top floor, with a large terrace area that we went out on for our lunch. Very nice - Fr M approves www.ashmolean.org 
In the middle of my holiday I took off to Milan for a week. I love Italy and have been to many parts of it, but hadn't hit the second city - Milan. The Cathedral, Leonardo's "Last Supper", Michelangelo's "Rondanini Pieta", La Scala Opera, San Siro Stadium, loads of very old churches, museums, good public transport, etc etc. I had a nice hotel with a quaint view over Milan rooftops and little leafy courtyards.
I went out of the city on two of the days. One trip was to see the Carthusian Monastery or Certosa at nearby Pavia, and the other was to Lake Como - but they deserve a posting of their own. Meanwhile here are a few holiday pics to be going on with - the Duomo or cathedral, and inside the nearby Galleria or arcade where everybody strolls and shops, drinks coffee, and watches everybody else... 

No comments:

Post a Comment