Thursday 1 July 2010

Children's wisdom on friends

Our Mass with children from Christ the King School today was on the theme of “Friends”. We thought about our friends around us, but also, of course, we thought about our Friend who never ever leaves us... After Holy Communion, the children celebrated their friendship with Jesus. Included was this reflection...
When things are confused...
I talk about them with you until they make sense.
When something good happens...
You are the first person I tell so I can share my happiness.
When I don’t know what to do in a situation...
I ask your opinion and compare it with mine.
When I am lonely...
I call you because I never feel alone with you.
When I have a problem...
I ask for your help because your wiseness helps me to solve it
When I want to have fun...
I want to be with you because we have such a great time together.
When I want to talk to someone...
I always talk to you because you understand me.
When I want the truth about something...
I call you because you are so honest.
It is essential to have you in my life...
Thank you for being my friend