Saturday 7 April 2012

A new Creation

For Easter I wanted to find images that just spoke of everything beautiful, everything good, everything positive and resurrection-filled. I thought of this stunning picture taken at the flower market in Aix-en-Provence on our pilgrimage last September, and I thought of this happy picture of my nephew Gareth and his wife of eight months Sara. I know the pictures don't show Jesus, at least not explicitly. But St Paul says that in the Resurrection we have a new creation. Well, if the flowers of the old one are this beautiful, what must you and I, the new creation really be like? And surely the happiness of committed love is a direct reflection and expression of Easter joy.  
A very Happy Easter to everyone - and thanks for the pictures, Paul and Gareth and Sara.

No comments:

Post a Comment