Friday 6 April 2012

O my people, what have I done to you?

Our Holy Week services are going well, thank the Lord. I was at Christ the King yesterday evening for the Mass of the Lord's Supper. Twelve feet were duly washed - actually fourteen, because two people stuck out both of their feet for me to do... Then we processed into the Parish Centre for the Watching. Our wonderful flower ladies had made a beautiful shrine for the Blessed Sacrament, and, with the lights dimmed, there was a very spiritual and reverent atmosphere. 

This afternoon I was back here at St Brigid's, for a very full church. Once again, I read the Passion myself, which people seem to appreciate. The Cross was carried by three of our teenage candidates for Confirmation. I always love the Veneration, watching our parish family venerate our crucified Lord. The old approach with such love, and often such pain too. The children approach with that mixture of simplicity and understanding which is theirs. One little boy just stood there looking at this huge lump of wood, but seemed to "get it" anyway...
So here for Good Friday is the music I used for the five minutes before the Liturgy started.

No comments:

Post a Comment