Tuesday 17 February 2009

Marriage at Miskin

What a beautiful celebration at All Hallows Miskin on Saturday! The church was almost full of couples who had come along to celebrate God's gift of the Sacrament of Matrimony, many of them marking special anniversaries. Our own parishioners were involved in the liturgy, and I met loads of people from parishes where I have worked before. It's always great to meet up and find out what's been happening in people's lives. The atmosphere was a bit like it was in the days when Lenten Station Masses were more fluorishing.


At the end of Mass Archbishop Peter thanked those who'd taken part - musicians etc. He mentioned me at the end of his list, as I had given the homnily. I gave a grin at this exalted mention - and got a big laugh from those who were close enough to notice. It all went well and was very enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment