Sunday 3 May 2020

Faster on line and slowing down in life

OK BT have told me now that I will be upgraded to fibre broadband on Friday 15th May, so I hope we can stream Mass on Sunday 17th.

I took part in a Zoom liturgy of the Word with some parishioners this morning which was good. Zoom extended our time together so we had a good chat and laugh which Andy and I enjoyed.

Listening to people, while most are putting a brave face on the current problems, I think I can detect under quite a lot of folks an unrest, a lack of peace. Not surprising, of course, with people separated from family, spouse, friends etc.  So here are two of the pieces of music I turn to when I need calming.  Deborak Liv Johnson sings the spiritual "There is a Balm in Gilead".  The pictures are a bit blurry...


And Chopin's first Nocturne played by the great Artur Rubinstein

No comments:

Post a Comment