Saturday 2 May 2020

Not getting there - yet!

Oh dear.  We set things up this morning, I celebrated Mass only to find nobody could receive it at their home.  Now, five hours later, after a lot of digging around, I discover the problem. It's our BT package. When I bought it I didn't think of the need for uploading so got a cheaper deal. And it isn't fast enough to handle streaming.  Anyway, I have now upgraded to fibre, but it will take a week or two to kick in. So - sorry folks, but we won't be streaming for a little while yet.

Meanwhile to lighten up, here is a fun video, with one of my faves, Jimmy Cagney, with Bob Hope. Enjoy! 


2 comments:

  1. Canon Matthew, my husband and I live on the North Kent Coast. Our Church is Our Lady of the Sacred Heart, served by the Passionists. We've not has mass in our church, like everyone else, since the shutdown. Fr Mark has set up ( we hope ) live streaming for tomorrow's Mass.
    We've been going to daily mass all over the place, Ireland, London, Canada, Walsingham and many more places.
    I hope you get sorted so you can live stream for your parishioners. In the meantime tell them ( if you haven't already) that they can get to mass in so many places.

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear it didn't work. But thanks for sharing Bob Hope and James Cagney - I'd not seen it before and it is good fun.

    Thankfully St. Teilo's already had fibre, but when we got lots of numbers of people looking in (we get 1,000 on a Sunday, sometimes 1,500) it was still slowing down and dropping some people off or not synching voice and picture. Paul Fulgoni managed a work around for it. So for the last two weeks it has (thankfully) been very stable, let's hope your connection is too - when you get the fibre in place.

    ReplyDelete