Saturday 4 July 2020

Getting going II

So we are streaming Mass again tomorrow  Sunday via 3churches.org  or Youtube channel frmhj  10.30am.  Then we now have our days for opening the 2 churches for prayer -  St Brigid's Mon 10-11 and Thurs 6-7 pm, Christ the King Tues 10-11. From the following week CK will also open on Saturday. And then, as I said in the last posting, on Friday we will hopefully appoint a new headteacher at Christ the King. On the previous evening the large Full Governing Body of Corpus Christi School will by coincidence meet via Zoom, so that should be interesting with about 16 people. 
This is added to our Sunday morning Zoom Liturgy of the Word at 9.30, and Zoom virtual coffee morning at 11.20 ish and our now weekly Zoom Fraternity of Priests meeting every Wednesday at lunch-time, the last two of which I host.   Quite the Zoomer now!


So I feel a kind of awakening this weekend, what with things moving over the border in England in various ways too.  I generally like to be busy, keep the brain ticking over etc, and while it's been good to have this quieter time, I'm looking forward to slowly getting back into gear.  Several people have told me they fully expect a second wave of the virus in the autumn/winter, but I really hope not, and perhaps we should get praying against that.

Meanwhile another piece of music. My mother could play the piano "by ear" and one piece she would play was the Skye Boat Song, the wistful song about Bonnie Prince Charlie. Here is Barbara Dickson singing it beautifully.


No comments:

Post a Comment