Tuesday 14 July 2020

Yet MORE tech

I'm quite up on Zoom now, and even act as host to two groups. And just when you'e feeling a teeny weeny bit proud of yourself, along comes Teams. For the uninitiated, Teams is a kind of Microsoft version of Zoom.  Christ the King school governors met yesterday evening on Teams, so I had to install the stuff earlier. How did it go? A little easier to get onto when the meeting started, but not so great when it was running. Whereas my big computer screen can take lots of Zoom pictures, Teams only takes nine pics and the rest - another four last night - are banished to initials at the bottom of the screen. If this is wrong, perhaps someone out there can put me right. It seemed a bit more jumpy too...

Then there's Hwb. This is an official site to do with education in Wales, packed full off resources, documents etc, everything to do with schools. You get a Hwb email/ID and you're in.  Except that I can't find what I'm looking for. CK governors now put all our stuff on there in the Hwbcloud - but do you think I could find it fo the meeting?  

And, of course, as with everything else, it's yet another code and password to have.  Again, I don't know how many names and passwords I've got. I have a group of passwords, taking note of those warnings against using the same password. Oh, the trials of the internet!  
 
Talking of which, a quite impressive email scam came my way last week, claiming to be BT offering you a prize, so I decided to follow it to find the catch, and there it was, right at the end. They just needed a pound deposit (who asks for a pound deposit) so please, give us your bank details and a Samsung Galaxy will be yours.  ALARM!

No comments:

Post a Comment