Friday 13 March 2009

Episcopal comings and goings

Our two celebrations of Confirmation this week went very well. The organization was good, the youngsters were well prepared and did well on the night, music was great etc - and Archbishop was happy! We're very blessed with our team of catechists. Many thanks to all concerned...

Talking of archbishops - much chatter around this week that the new Archbishop of Westminster will be announced soon. Latest name being bandied about is Bishop Bernard Longley, an auxiliary already at Westminster. Just in case he is the one, can I stake my claim that I spent 5 days with him in 1989! At that time he was secretary to the Ecumenical Commission of the Bishops' Conference of England and Wales. Nice chap... I attended an international ecumenical conference and he was in our group of British reps. So I wouldn't say he was a personal friend exactly - as I haven't spoken to him for 20 years! - but you never know...

No comments:

Post a Comment