Tuesday 2 June 2020

If in doubt, chuck it out

Like lots of people in this epidemic thing, I've been getting down to a bit of sorting out, tidying up and chucking out.  Anyone who has seen my office will say "About time too!" 



So in one drawer I found some tokens - Amazon, M &S etc but including National Book Tokens.  If you want to spend them online it has to be at one of three shops/sites - Foyles, Blackwells and Stanfords.  Luckily these particular tokens don't run out, unlike one or two others I found (woops!).  So I had some fun choosing what to get. A while ago I saw a lovely programme about the Young Rembrandt exhibition that was suppoed to be running at the Ashmolean in Oxford now, and which they hope will still happen later...  So I splashed out on the book that goes with it. Rembrandt is definitely in my top 5 artists, so I'm looking forward to it arriving (painting of his mother left).



Another of my weaknesses is maps and I went looking for an updated version of my Street Atlas of Glamorgan from 1995. There hasn't been one!   The maps were very detailed and have been of great help tracing exactly where various of my ancestors lived in the Vale and the Valleys. So instead I updated a religious book instead (you can see my priorities), my copy of "Morning and Evening Prayer" a shortened version of our breviary or Divine Office. It's what I use upstairs in the morning and at night - and it's showing its age. Luckily one shop had it in stock in a nice 2005 edition.  

So now I have to set up my office so it doesn't sink again under stuff. I need to swap my 2 computes around to get the newer one central and slowly wind down the old one. Though I have to admit having two is a nice luxury..  However, that will have to wait until tomorrow - or until I have anothe rush of blood to the head!

1 comment:

  1. Got the three volume set of the Office - including the Office of Readings - and they're all beginning to fall apart at the seams!

    ReplyDelete