Friday 16 April 2010

Easter Gold

Well, I watched the famous TV debate last night. Brown fairly predictable, I thought, with the addition of a few spooky smiles, Dave a bit disappointing maybe, and Cleggo well yes a bit sort of charismatic, but I'm not sure about the content. It'll be interesting to see if the two others turn their guns on him more next week...  
Meanwhile tonight we had a beautiful occasion. Billy and Rita, the organizers of our September pilgrimages, celebrated their Golden Wedding during Lent, and we fellow pilgrims thought it would be a good idea to have a get-together. So I invited them simply to a Mass, then we plotted a bring-and-share supper for afterwards. B & R were quite overwhelmed, I could tell, and it was a lovely evening with about 55 or 60 there I think, many from recent pilgrimages, but also quite a few from the earlier years too.
As always, excellent organization and help from the folks in our 3 Churches.
P.S. No, that wasn't our hall tonight in the picture, left, just an amazing Asian Golden Wedding thing I found on the net!

No comments:

Post a Comment