Sunday 18 April 2010

Easter hothead

Blimey - 2 lunches out in four days. Really living it up! Thursday, my sister came down for the day and we went out to the Maenllwyd in Rudry. Sun was shining and so we sat out on their patio with its lovely view. Unfortunately, the gentle breeze that was blowing made me forget how strong the sun was. Result - one sunburnt head. Owch!  Fr M has hurting head for a few days. Now don't scoff unless you are yourself short of hair up top!
Anyway, ventured farther afield today to meet up with some friends from way back in my Ledbury days. 1983-1986 I was parish priest in this very nice old English country town. Also in the parish was the smaller village of Much Marcle, and hidden down a side lane there, was our goal today, Weston's Cider. In my day this was simply where some great cider and perry was made, that you could buy at a humble shop. Nowadays there is a Visitors Centre and shops, and you can eat and drink at Scrumpy's Bar and Restaurant etc etc. 
I had some beautiful lamb in Scrumpys, the converted stables block. And very nice too. Fr M approves. And, of course, I stayed out of the sun. 
Got home and Fr David, administrator of our National Tribunal phoned to say he was stranded by this surreal ash thing that's going on. Stranded, yes - but in Tuscany.... Tough life, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment