Sunday 4 April 2010

Easter

Happy Easter everybody!  What a beautiful day... As I left for 8.30 Mass at Christ the King this morning, the weather was perfect: a gentle sunlight, a cool crispness in the air, and a few more birds singing than usual. Easter!
We celebrated a wonderful Vigil and First Mass last night, with the reception of Michelle into the church. I sang the "Exsultet" with a bit more emotion than usual, which brought a little more emotion to not a few eyes, I'm told. And then 8.30 and 10.30 this morning. Well, what can I say about 10.30? Well over 400 people, and sooo many children taking part, all under the careful and creative eyes of Peter amd Marie and team. It was just so - so joyful!  Michelle, our new Catholic was back for more too...
These special liturgies give me a deep sense of Church, and of the presence of the Lord in his Church. After the Vigil I had a very brief word with a young man, who just kept saying "Thankyou, thankyou... for bringing me back to the Church..."
So here is a picture of what the sanctuary at C the K looked like by the end of 10.30 Mass when the children draped the altar with various symbolic colours. The brightness of the colours reflects, I hope the brightness we Christians feel in our hearts on this feast of feasts. Alleluia!
ps Note the sunlight catching the incense hanging in the air near the tabernacle...

No comments:

Post a Comment