Friday 26 June 2009

Baltics, Billie Jean and Big Sunday

Well, it's Baltic Republics here we come. I managed to iron out the flights details,and so I'll be off at the end of July. I'll do some digging around to see if there's any likelihood of doing a little family tree business when I'm in Klaipeda.
Meanwhile, big news last night and today is the death of Michael Jackson. What a strange human being. I love some of his songs, especially from the 1980's. "Beat It", "Bille Jean", "Black and White" and others really are pop classics, as the media say. But what about Jackson the person? From the colour of his skin to the goings on at his home, to the inner goings on of his mind, he was surely a true mystery. I'm sure it's all got a lot to with his bizarre childhood, but that doesn't seem to explain everything, does it?
I was up at Corpus Christi for last minute preparations for our 3 Churches Mass this afternoon. It's looking good, and I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully I'll see some of you there...

No comments:

Post a Comment