Sunday 12 April 2020

Happy Easter, World!

Happy Easter everyone!  We've had a happy and relaxing day here. We both celebrated Mass in the morning and then Fr Andy cooked a beautiful lunch with roast leg of lamb as the star attraction. Well done, Andy!
After lunch we, er, relaxed for a while. I made a phone call to my brother and my sister phoned me to catch upon this happy day. All was well.
At 6 we started to watch a beautiful calming programme of the Lake District film in real time from a balloon, but after an hour I moved over to my office and decided to watch the much-advertised Andrea Bocelli performance from Milan Cathedral.  Well I'm not an enormous fan of AB, but he sang several favourites very well. There was no commentary or any other interruption - but at various points throughout the concert we were shown various cities from across the world, from Brescia to Milan, Paris, London, New York etc. And all of them were empty. At the end of the concert AB went out onto the steps of the cathedral to sing "Amazing Grace" and we saw more of the cities. I must confess I found it very moving and it brought a tear to my eyes. Our beloved world on what should be our greatest day of joy, all silenced. And, of course, then the last words of the hymn, with Andrea singing "I was blind, but now I see" and  a little smile flickered across his face.


P.S the video takes a few minutes to start   

No comments:

Post a Comment