Tuesday 21 April 2020

Some ads are good...

The strange thing is that one of the ways I discovered I had arthritis was watching a TV ad from Versus Arthritis, the charitty, last August.  It showed for about a month, just at the time I was realising something was wrong.
Now they have produced some new adverts in the last week or two. I find them very difficult to watch becaust they are me. One shows a man stuck in his bathroom, and that is the hardest part of my day too. I know that the pain will pass in about half an hour or so, but while it  lasts it's not nice at all.  Then the other ad shows an elderly lady struggling to get up the stairs. This, at the other end of the day, when your hips have had enough, is the other main struggle point. As my exercises have helped recently, this one has got a little easier, but I still have to pause at the bottom, build myself up and then launch myself.
The Versus Arthritis website is excellent and I have learnt a lot from it, and knowing more always helps doesn' it? As it says, it's not "just a bit of pain" or "A bit of wear and tear". If you have a minute or two, check out www.versusarthritis.org . Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Asking for prayers Canon, as the lockdown is beginning to really get to me and I'm seriously worried we will never get out of it

    ReplyDelete