Wednesday 15 April 2020

Of words on Wednesdays and feet on the ground

This afternoon I did my "Wednesday Word" broadcast for Radio Wales.  I was due on at about 3.45 and they told me they would phone to check a few mintes before, but in fact the phone didn't ring until 3.45 itself. There was a problem - the presenter, Eleri Sion (right), also presenting from home had lost her phoneline temporarily, so they had to play another record while they fixed it. Not good for the nerves!
Anyway, we were soon ready and I did my bit. I think it went well. In the morning my producer had phoned to check the length for the timings of the programme. It was a few words longer than usua,l so she told me to keep it moving speedwise...which I did.  It was very strange to think that talking down your phone, usually to an individual, was this time to thousands of people. So much of what is going on now is strange isn't it?  Like everybody else I'm wondering how long it will go on for...


Anyway, some good news: I'm walking a bit better than I have been for months. With hip arthritis one of the consequences is your leg muscles can get underused especially as the condition develops before you have realised it. So you have to make sure this doesn't get worse, and preferablly is reversed with exercises etc. Well the good news is my legs seem to have become stronger, and for me that's huge progress.  Thankful for small mercies .

1 comment:

  1. Great news about your legs Canon Matthew,

    I hope the healing continues apace.

    ReplyDelete