Saturday 18 April 2020

Special people, special days

One of the things people are doing at home is getting into their family tree. As some of you know, it is one of my hobbies, and my tree has over 3,000 people on it. Today I heard from one of my second cousins on my father's side, Ann in Surrey.  She was bringing me up to date, asking how I was etc.  She reminded me I'd promised to send her a tree of all the descendants of our common great-grandfather, Rev David Jones. So I've just been doing that now.
It strikes me maybe some of you would like help with your family tree, and are looking for something to do. Let me know... I know my way around some of the resources and would be happy to help. Just let me know.

Meanwhile, I'm thinking back to 1978 when I was ordained. It too was the Saturday after Easter, and my first Mass was the following morning, 9 o'clock at St Paul's. So this Sunday and its Gospel has  a special place for me.


1 comment:

  1. Good to find you Canon Matthew.
    I went to Ireland last year and found the farm where my great, great grandmother, my great grandmother and my grandmother all grew up. It was really emotional and set me on a path of writing my memoir - to leave for my own children, grandchildren and great grandchildren. I wish one of my ancestors had written something about their life. Many of us get to that stage in life when we want to know what those who went before us were like.

    gramswisewords.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete