Wednesday 8 April 2020

Out of the mouths

Look at this wonderful rainbow. It arrived in a lovely letter to us this week, all the better as it was from two of our youngest parishioners - Xavier and Alexandra who are 2 1/2 years and 6 months old (with a bit of help from Mum and Dad maybe ). They write: "we have painted a rainbow for you to help make you smile when you might be a little sad... and look forward to seeing you both soon". Like every parish we have great families, wonderful parents and lovely kids here in our 3 Churches. It means a lot when you get letters like that one. I celebrated the wedding of Mum and Dad and baptised #1 while Andy did #2. (I shouldn't say "did" should I?). 

So we are all set now for the Sacred Triduum or Three Days starting tomorrow, Maundy Thursday. We have guidelines from the Vatican and the Bishops on how to celebrate the liturgies in private, and Andy and I discussed it all this morning. Then this evening I took part in my first Zoom shared event, a "virtual Passover". 15 of us who normally attend the Passover meal often held at St Brigid's all tuned in together, had our printed orders of service and so took part in responses etc.  I must say it was in its way very impressive, with the mix of seriousness and humour that is a good sign. It made a good beginning to the Triduum.  Fr Andy and I will be celebrating versions of the usual services on Thursday at 7.30pm, Friday at 3.00pm and Saturday at probably about 8.30. I'll continue to post in here each day (as long as I remember to press "Publish"!).  Have a blessed Holy Week.

No comments:

Post a Comment