Friday 17 April 2020

No fisticuffs... yet

Well I was for David and Andy was for Sandy - but it was Thomas who won! What am I talking about? Yes. we've just been watching the final of Masterchef on TV. And, yes, we disagreed - and we were both wrong.

So how are you getting on with whoever you share your home with. Or, if you are on your own, how are you finding that? Like lots of other people Andy and I have slowly formed a kind of daily routine.  We have some points at which we come together, and plenty of time when we get on with our own stuff. 
So we have breakfast together at about 8, talk about the day ahead etc. I'm not the greatest at that time, because I haven't shared breakfast with anyone for about 30 years,as I've either  been on my own or other priests had different timetables first thing.   Next we get on with the day's business, Fr Andy says his Mass and I check email, mail etc. Often we'll have  a cuppa mid-morning, but our main time together is lunch, usually at 1. I've always tried to make lunchtime a kind of still centre to the day. We're having a lot of funerals at the moment, which are particularly difficult, and it's a time to relax and enjoy food and company.


In the afternoon Andy goes for a walk, I often take a rest before celebrating Mass in the early evening. We do our own suppers, him earlier than me, and perhaps watch something on TV together like tonight.  All this is of course interspersed with phone calls from us and to us - lots of them - paying bills, answering email queries etc - and, oh yes, prayer. 

The Archbishop phoned this morning to ask how we were, which was nice. He sounded OK, though he admitted how he feels lonely at times. As the government ads remind us - nobody is immune. So don't hesitate to ring us if you want someone to talk to or to enquire about us!

1 comment:

  1. I was with you. I'd have preferred David's meal, but Thomas had that East End charm which will have appealed to Greg, whose own origins are from those parts.

    Still one of the closest finals I can remember, very good viewing.

    ReplyDelete